1. With the straight spine and peaceful mind, bring a plant (a known or an imaginary one) into your mind. Now realize that this plant is a projection of the one Divine Universal Consciousness. Mentally remind yourself that, "this plant is an expression on the one Universal Consciousness". Do this with a variety of plants; strengthening your awareness of the fact that the intelligent force in all beings is also expressing itself through that plant.
2. Now do the same with various kinds of animals. See each one as a unique material manifestation of the one Divine Consciousness. Remember to choose each time at least one species of animal which you fear or dislike. Then do the same with some types of insects.
3. Now bring persons you know and remind yourself of the same truth, and try to feel it. Perceive each person as an expression of the divine and feel the analogous respect and love towards him or her. The divine consciousness is expressing itself through every being, including the immoral and even those who seek to harm us.
4. Be sure then to bring into your mind people with whom you have difficulty in communicating, or towards whom you have negative feelings, and remember that they too are unique manifestations of the One God.
5. Bring your family, parents, children, siblings and spouse to mind and see them too as divine beings.
6. Then bring your own self, your body and personality and realize that these too (you cannot be the only exception on the earth) are manifestations of divine consciousness, and feel the love and respect towards yourself that you deserve.
At this point you can move on to your chosen form or prayer or meditation. You can also continue on in this way, remembering that whatever comes into your mind is a manifestation of the divine. Persons, events, places, thoughts, feelings, pain, problems, situations are all manifestations of the only cause for whatever exists - God.
Contemplation on Christs Life and Teachings
These visualizations can be used as methods of entering into the forms of prayer or meditation which suit you most.
This visualization is similar to the contemplation techniques used by some Christian monks. We bring a scene, event or teaching from Christs life into focus. We concentrate on it dwelling on the message or lesson, which can be received through his words or actions.
After some contemplation, we mentally create a phrase, which expresses what this means for us at this moment. (At some other time the same words or actions may offer us a totally different message. This is especially true of the parables because they can be understood at so many different levels.)
Once we have mentally established a phrase, which represents the message we have tuned into to, we move deeper into the message limit it to only three words, which express its essential meaning.
Then we select only one word (which may or may not be a part of the message) which expresses the essence of this message. This will most often be a spiritual value such as love, peace, forgiveness, faith, service, sacrifice, humility, strength, fearlessness, devotion etc.
We, then begin to focus more intensely on this word.
Focusing on this word, we gradually become attuned to its inner quality or energy. We begin to feel the vibration of this quality or virtue such as love or peace etc. permeating our body and mind.
As our concentration increases, this vibration or quality permeates our whole being. We are immersed in it and become transformed by it.
We remain in this bliss returning over and over again to this energy, which is vibrating in our being, or moving into our chosen form of prayer or meditation.
Connecting to the Christ Energy
The following technique can be used as an introduction to prayer or meditation or a meditation in itself.
One way of connecting to the Christ energy is to imagine Jesus standing in front as you sit with your eyes closed and your spine straight. Before you, feel His presence, energy, vibration, love and peace. Let these energies come forth and pass into you.
Now mentally imagine that you bow forward and place your forehead on His bare feet. Feel His energy pour into your forehead and purify your mind. Mentally create the feeling that you are surrendering your will, your desires, your needs, the results of all your actions, your body and your life itself to the Divine.
Once you feel that this part has come to a completion, imagine yourself sitting with the spine straight again with the Christ in front of you radiating His energy towards you. At this point we have some options:
1. Imagine that Christs rays of energy permeate your heart center and then your forehead and saturate them with this divine energy. Remain in the sensation of this energized state.
2. Imagine that Christs form becomes very small and moves toward you and establishes itself in your heart. Imagine that Christ is in your heart. You decide if He is sitting or standing there. Imagine that He is emanating love, peace and power from within you towards all from your heart center. Remain focused on this, or move on to your preferred form of prayer or meditation.
3. Imagine that Christ moves behind you and stands behind your back. Now imagine that He places both hands on the top of your head and passes His blessings and energy into the top of your head. Let this energy fill your brain and then move down into the rest of your body. Let this energy continue expanding until every aspect every cell of your being, including your mind, are immersed in this vibration which is flowing in through the top of your head.
These Christ meditations can be used as a method of entering into prayer or meditation independently of what object of meditation you are accustomed to using.
If you belong to some other religion, you may use these methods of focusing with the form you are accustomed to worshiping