- 1). Attempt to open the file in Excel. If it cannot be opened with Excel than the file is corrupt and there is nothing you can do.
- 2). Look through the file in Excel and determine if any of the headings are incorrect, missing or added. For instance if you have created "Personal 1" and "Personal 2" but found a "Personal 3" this could be the problem. If this is the case and there is no data in the "Personal 3" column heading then you may need to delete it.
- 3). Open Outlook.
- 4). Export some data similar to the one you are trying to import.
- 5). Open that new .csv file in Excel and look it over. Check for the amount of headings and determine if it has more or less than the file you are trying to import. If it does, correct the original .csv by matching the format of this new one.
- 6). Import the .csv file into Outlook.