- 1). Eliminate water from the compressor by opening the drain cock on the bottom of the tank. Do this every day.
- 2). Install a water separator on the outlet of the tank, between the tank and the air lines. This separator will trap any moisture in the air going to the lines before it can enter them.
- 3). Drain the water separator every day.
- 4). Install a drain tube and drain cock that extends below the quick-disconnect fitting on the air hose. This acts as a water separator and gives moisture a place to collect, instead of forcing it into your paint gun through the air hose.
- 5). Drain the water separator daily.
- 6). Install a disposable water trap onto the inlet of your paint gun. These round, plastic traps catch any remaining moisture and insure a clean, dry air supply to the paint gun.