- 1). Place the motorcycle on the kickstand. This will keep the motorcycle upright for maintenance.
- 2). Make sure the power to the bike is turned off by removing the ignition key. Locate the battery to the bottom right of the motorcycle at the rear of the engine.
- 3). Unbolt the two side covers using a socket wrench.
- 4). Disconnect the negative cable using a line wrench. You can access the terminal from the left side of the bike. Pull the cable away from the battery.
- 5). Disconnect the positive cable from the right side of the motorcycle using a line wrench. Pull the cable away from the battery.
- 6). Slide the battery out of the compartment and replace it with the new battery.
- 7). Tighten the positive cable on to the battery using a line wrench. Repeat to install the negative cable on the negative terminal.
- 8). Bolt the side covers back over the battery compartment and tighten with a socket wrench.
- 9). Start the motorcycle and allow it to idle for five minutes to make sure the new battery is functioning correctly.